How to Increase your Traffic Volume
1. Write and submit articles .It is a the method which works. Write quality unique articles, not articles that are rehashed or provide no insight to readers
2. Write and submit press releases.
3. Write and ping blog entries. Always make sure to link back to your website with your blog posts. Try making multiple blogs and have them
all link back to one main site. However, do not annoy people by comment spam.
4. Make sure your website gets listed in DMOZ:http://dmoz.org/.
5. Advertise your website in the appropriate categories at Craigslist. Try posting your ads in the most populated cities in the world.
6. If a niche related forum that you frequently visit allows signatures, then make sure to add your website url in there. Simple but effective advert, especially if you post helpful posts in the forum. Again, don't just post comments which are obviously just adding a link, but try to help other people, or make a useful contribution.
7. Make sure to view related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.
8. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.
9. Review some related products on epinion.
10. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then feel free to give an individual respect when respect is due and leave a testimonial. You should be able to get some traffic from that website if your testimonial is left with a url.
11. Whenever you send an email to someone, always add your website url as a signature.
12. Keep updating content on your websites/blogs... try at least once per week.
13. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites, especially at http://del.icio.us/.
14. Add photos to your blog with appropriate keywords - Google Images generates traffic too.
15. Tag blog photos at Flickr.
16. Politely ask your readers to subscribe to your rss feeds.
17. Try coining your own term. Might want to trademark it if you smell that it will become popular.
18. Encourage readers to comment on your blogs.
19. Include translation for your websites/blogs, especially in Chinese.
20. Do not be boring, write about something that a wide select of people would want to know about
21. Make sure to edit your writing (careless writing means you don't care or give enough attention to your content).
22. Comment on other related blogs.
23. Make a custom 404-error page for your website. You can provide a link back to your main website or even try to monetize it by offering a related affiliate program within your niche.
24. Sponsor a charity, most charities will link back to your website, and you are also doing a good deed.
25. Sell an item on eBay as a charity auction. Most charities will link back to both your auction and your main website.
26. Start a publicity campaign, do something that individuals in your niche will take note of.
27. Brand your website with a logo and a slogan/catch phrase.
28. Hold a crazy contest that people in your niche will talk about. This will equal more links and traffic to your website.
29. Build a tool that individuals in your niche will love and enjoy. Then give it away for free. If the tool is helpful, then you will get quality one-way links to your website.
30. Contact small newsletters sources offline and submit articles to them.